The National Children’s Chorus, America’s premier choral institution for youth, seeks a conductor in San Francisco to lead an ensemble of children ages 7 to 14. To begin late January 2019.
The Associate Conductor role is to provide excellent choral direction within the NCC's Junior Division, facilitating a smooth and cohesive educational journey for students as they advance towards the Senior Division ranks. The position demands excellence in artistry, creativity, musical style, time management, communication, and people skills. Working closely with the Associate Artistic Director, as well as Kodály instructors, is an integral part of this position.
• Choral administration and management duties, including parent relations, and selection of repertoire.
• Preparation and leading of one rehearsal per week, on Tuesday afternoons.
• Selection, interpretation, and preparation of concert repertoire.
• Two concerts per year (Fall and Spring).
• Adhere to and teach musical standards and concepts as defined by the National Children’s Chorus.
• Master of Music in Choral Conducting, Doctoral Degree preferred.
• Minimum three years conducting experience.
• Piano skills required.
• Previous experience working with children.
• Upbeat, creative personality.
• High-level verbal and written communication skills.
Please go to the following webpage to complete an application: https://nationalchildrenschorus.wufoo.com/forms/associate-conductor-application-2018/