TACTUSINVITES APPLICATIONS FOR MUSIC DIRECTOR
Tactus is a 12-16 voice chamber chorus dedicated to bringing Renaissance polyphony to
audiences in the San Francisco Bay Area. As musicians of diverse identities, ages, and
experiences combined in a melting pot of energy and ideas, we forge musical and personal
relationships to last a lifetime. Committed to the highest level of artistic excellence, we perform
regularly in the San Francisco Bay Area, seeking to educate, engage, and delight.
Tactus is seeking a Music Director to lead the chorus at weekly rehearsals and three
performance weekends per year (performing each time both in SF and in the East Bay). Tactus
occasionally provides music for Sunday morning church services and other special events.
Position Duration: Part-time, year-round
Compensation: This is a volunteer position. Some financial support may be available,
depending on the qualifications of the candidate.
Other Benefits: N/A
Approximate Hours per Week: 10-12
Rehearsal Location: St Matthew’s Lutheran Church, 3281 - 16th Street, San Francisco
The candidate must be available for evening rehearsals (currently on Thursdays) and one or
two Saturday workshops in San Francisco or the East Bay for each concert cycle.
The Music Director reports directly to the membership.
• Leading rehearsals and performances
• Selecting repertoire and identifying or preparing editions
• Auditioning potential new members
• Assisting with selection of concert venues
• Assisting in preparation of event budgets
• Identifying and engaging other musicians (including instrumentalists), as needed
• Assisting with preparation of grant applications, publicity, and fundraising as needed
• Supervising recording and editing of performances
• Assessing the choir’s achievement of musical goals and providing guidance for
improvement/correction where needed, while maintaining a friendly, cooperative, and
To apply, please submit by email to email@example.com (with subject: Tactus Music Director
Application): (i) a cover letter briefly describing your conducting experience and qualifications
for the position, and (ii) a conducting portfolio, including:
1. Curriculum vitae
2. Links to any recordings / videos
3. PDFs of concert programs
Deadline for submissions: Friday, June 15, 11:59 PM